View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
For me it's not take it or leave it. It's here is as high ad i'm willing to go. Unfortunately my highest doesn't seem to be near good enough...so that's it i guess. As far as Gardiner...there have been guys who have compared him to Niedermeyer....guess what one of the black marks on the Leafs past is...yup, trading the pick that ends up being Niedermeyer.
I'm not saying you should trade Gardiner, but sometimes the opposite happens too. Burke could have trade Schenn and Kadri for Tavares-it might have ended up like the Kessel trade with the Leafs getting one solid piece, but losing two solid pieces. But in the end they missed out on a franchise player for two players who have underachieved since. Just because a team's been burned in the past(It was originally Vancouver's pick that was used to pick Milan Lucic) doesn't mean one should never give up potential for something the roster needs badly.

And again, I'm not asking for Gardiner. I don't think he's as untouchable as everyone says he is, but I know that no good can come out of discussing it.