View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 10:43 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Right now other than the big 2, I would be estastic if we got Monahan, Nichuskin, or Pulock. I am looking for the BPA, not the best player to fit a position. But an impact player. I don't know enough about Barkov except from his stats and highlights. If he were playing in another league I would be more comfortable he is all they are saying he is on hockey boards. Need to see him against players we know, I have him fairly high at #5, could be higher after the Worlds.
I Agree with you saying take BPA. Ab-so-lutely, take the best player for the organization where you pick, or be bold, and get the player you deem BPA ahead of you, without gutting the youth you've developed.

I just think this year, BPA and forward are a really likely combination in the majority of spots in the draft. If there's no forwards you rate at your spot, there should be no problem taking a solid young defenseman. We've been accumulating assets on the back end for a few years, if we can add the potential last piece, draft Jones/Pulock/Ristolainen/Nurse.