View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Atlas

vCash: 500
Millhaus,

Fair enough. I haven't followed the B's closely enough to have a strong opinion of Jacobs. They have made a lot of bold moves over the years though. I give him credit for that. He/they traded for Neely, Oates, Jason Allison & Jim Carey...let Glen Wesley go to Hartford, drafted Samsonov (didn't work out), signed Zdeno Chara, traded Joe Thornton away, swapped what's-his-name the winger to TOR for picks (Seguin +). Tim Thomas is a great goalie which is what the B's were missing on a lot of those 80's and 90's teams.

The Caps, since Leonsis/McPhee have been pretty timid. The Jagr move was bold. It didn't work but it was the right kind of move. The 2004 sell off was fruitful but not really bold and not especially visionary. I don't want to be unfair to Leonsis and McPhee. They have made some quality moves and have drafted well since 2004. But overall their work has been timid, slow and ultimately ineffective. Is there reason to expect anything different? I see no reason to expect a sudden change. I see mediocrity.