View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 02:08 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I usually scout the top-15 teams during the season. The day before the draft, I check their profile and add up all the ratings then divide by 25 (#of ratings) and pick who seems to be the best player out of that. I'd say about 95% of the time I end up getting the best player in the draft doing it that way.

After the first round, I write the top 5/10 players that I may want to try and get, the team they were drafted by, overall out of the draft, and potential. I'll hand pick the first 3 round, any after that I trade the picks away for the next season. For the players I write down, I usually follow them for 5-6 seasons or until they hit their ceiling.

People think i'm an idiot for only doing the draft/free agency/trades and that stuff.. I'll play the first game of the season so I can personally get my rookies their first NHL goal.. and if I see that a player is about to break a record, i'll play the game to make sure he gets it. Other than that, the way I see it is that the mode is called Be a GM for a reason.. to BE A GM.
I see where you're coming from, but if you want to play GM only there are waaay better alternatives than EA's NHL games. I play the EA titles because they let me be a GM AND take the ice with the teams I build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzy19 View Post
I think it's safe to assume that most people who post in this thread do the same thing, but I agree with you, all my friends who play NHL 13 think I'm retarded for simming whole seasons and not playing the games, I find it funner to watch your players grow and anyone can take a **** team and win the cup but it takes a little more to win it by simming.
If the games are too easy crank up the difficulty sliders and if they're maxed out start skewing the other sliders towards the CPU.