View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 02:40 AM
BGDDYKWL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
QB - Stafford vs Houston or Freeman vs Atlanta (I could also pick up Carson Palmer)
Palmer's an interesting option, and might be worth owning just to prevent someone else from starting him against you, but I have a feeling Houston's D shows up after that embarrassment last week, and Freeman's been good lately, so I'd lean with him.

Quote:
WR - 3 of S Smith (CAR), D Bryant (DAL), V Cruz (NYG), T Smith (BAL), and S Rice (SEA)
Dez no doubt. Word is Manning looks refreshed, so you gotta go Cruz as well. Torrey disappears on the road, so I'd sit him. Smith has been pretty bad lately, and Rice has actually been quite good, so I'd go with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
QB - Stafford vs. Hou or SF QBs (I've got both Kaepernick and Smith) vs. NO
As I mentioned I feel like Houston's D will deliver a far better performance this week, and Kaepernick has a dream matchup, so as surprised as I am to say it, I'd actually go with him. I will say though, it's risky. It's one of those things where if you start Stafford and Kaep does better, you say what can ya do, but if you start Kaep and Stafford goes off you say to yourself what the hell was I thinking. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
pick 2.
REECE, MENDENHALL OR PARMELE
Definitely Reece and Parmele. No doubt. Reece is a RB1 and with Parmele's matchup he's a real solid RB2. Mendenhall's still splitting time.

Quote:
pick 2
JACKSON, AMENDOLA, HEYWARD BEY, BESS
The situation in Philly's an absolute mess, so I'd avoid DJax this week. Bess is just too mediocre. Keep an eye on Amendola's foot and DHB's hamstring, but if both are active those are your two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
I have 5 RBs for 2 spots, but definitely starting Reece. So I need to pick one out of these 4 RBs:

Beanie Wells
Jonathan Stewart
Andre Brown
Fred Jackson

Normally I'd start Jackson without thinking, but coming off a concussion and Spiller once again showing how good he is, I'm not totally comfortable starting him.
I'm with ya. Because of that, along with how banged up Bradshaw seems to be, I'd actually go with Brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
A hobbled Aaron Hernandez with no Gronkowski or Kyle Rudolph?
I'd go Hernandez. Rudolph the Red Zone Reindeer (just stumbled upon that today. Lol) is just too boom or bust. I hate starting guys coming off an injury, but this is a guy who didn't really suffer any major setbacks who last played over a month ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a big week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
Owen Daniels at Lions or Brandon Myers at Bengals
With both at 100% you give the nod to Daniels, but at probably far less than 100% and Myers as good as he's been I'd go with him.

Quote:
Matthew Stafford vs. Texans or Eli Manning vs. Packers.
Eli has been downright terrible lately. I know the bye was supposed to rejuvenate him, but I gotta see it first. I'd go Stafford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post
Peyton Manning vs. KC or Andrew Luck vs. Buffalo?

Yes, I'm serious.
Luck's been real good, but you gotta go Peyton with that matchup. Funny enough both teams essentially give up the same amount of points to QBs, but KC is just terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Felix Jones vs. WSH
or
Reggie Bush vs. SEA
Most likely going Jones.
I'd definitely go Jones if he's playing Thursday. I believe he's currently questionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
I swore last week would be the last time I played Newton if he had a bad week and I have Freeman in as of now, BUT.... On NFL.com he was one of the reccomended starts.

Freeman vs ATL or Newton vs PHI
Freeman's been better than Newton lately (past 6 weeks), and while this one's close I'd actually go Freeman. Virtually all rankings will say Newton however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
With Sproles still likely to be out (though he's probable now so who knows), my FLEX spot is wide open...out of these options, who would you put in? (12 team PPR league btw)

Sidney Rice at Miami
Michael Crabtree at New Orleans
Ronnie Hillman at Kansas City
Rice has been real good lately, and Crabtree gets a pretty big uptick with Kaepernick starting, but I think you still gotta go Hillman. Just too juicy of a matchup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTugnutt View Post
Lance Ball vs KC
or
Lance Dunbar vs Was
Not terrible options as Felix is hurt and Ball's role is obviously going to increase. Both guys are pretty close, but Ball has the better matchup, likely will catch more balls, and probably is the more likely to score, so I'd go with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Schaub vs Lions or
Luck vs the Bills.
Aside from Schaub's huge game last week he's been very ordinary. Gotta go Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown Sutter View Post
Pick three:

Torrey Smith
Miles Austin
Danario Alexander
Hakeem Nicks
Randall Cobb
Cobb is a lock. Gotta sit Torrey on the road. As good as Denario has been, you have two proven guys with real good matchups, so I think you gotta go Miles and Nicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
WR3
Mike Williams @ATL or Malcom Floyd vsBAL
The Falcons actually do a good job of limiting WR scoring. Williams has cooled off a bit of late, so I'd go Floyd.

Quote:
DEF
NYG vs GB or ATL @TB
Giants D had been phenomenal lately up til the last game they played, whereas Atlanta's has been terrible minus the Cards game. Not to mention Tampa just doesn't give up many points to defenses. I'd go Giants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakmybush View Post
Choose 4 of 5

Dalton
Newton
Spiller
Gore
Lynch
I think you gotta go with the QBs. Just safer plays. I think Lynch is too good/consistent to sit. Gore is probably the safer play but I'm a sucker for Spiller's upside. I'd sit Gore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
Choose 3:
Steve Smith (vs PHI)
Marques Colston (vs SF)
Larry Fitzgerald (vs STL)
Sidney Rice (vs MIA)
Andre Roberts (vs STL)
Malcom Floyd (vs BAL)
Colston for sure. I know Fitz has been very inconsistent but I just have a hard time sitting him unless I have a great option. Third I'd go Rice as he's really turned it on lately (5 TDs in his last 5 games).

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote