View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 07:21 AM
JaymzB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
I'd say Holland is the 7th or 8th league. Still has a decent champion every year, but the problem is the lack of quality of most of the teams.

There's one game to be played, but when I see Mancini and others say that the group was too tough, it's laughable.
City is the most expensive team in football with Barca and Real (in terms of players' value) and for the second year they have failed, this year being so far bottom of a group that features Ajax (and let's be honest, Ajax is a decent team, but not a "great" team).
I’d agree that Holland is 7th in Western Europe right now (I don’t know enough about the depth of teams in the Russian league), as Portugal has surpassed them pretty decisively the past few years.

Ajax are a wildly inconsistent team. Heck, they are only 4th in the Eredivise right now. Catch them on a good day, and they can cause trouble (like the Home game vs. Man City). Catch them on an off day, and things can get ugly (like yesterday). All in all, if Ajax can qualify for the Europa league, it will be viewed as a great success…which is sad given the historical stature of the team.

JaymzB is offline   Reply With Quote