View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 08:06 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
Most points by a dman I ever had was 98 with JBo in the original DB, still got the file on my old comp.

As far as the goalie issue goes yes if you spell your goalie more often it helps keep their stats high, no guarantees obviously because slumps happen. I usually give my backup a game every week or 2 at least, like after maybe a bad performance or 2, and I also give him every back to back game and usually end the season with 20 games given to my backup. Of course I usually have a top flight goalie regen but that allotment keeps the starter rested, playing well and having enough wins to get some trophies.
Price retired with 5 Vezinas for me. Yannetti has 4 and is just entering prime

So Yannetti got injured for like two weeks so I brought up my 21 year old American goalie I had just signed out of college who was putting up .970% in the AHL and he put up around .940% in 6 or so games in a row. Back to the A for him, for now, but good to know I have potential successor.

For a while my team was very diverse in that we had Finns, Swedes, Americans, Canadians (under half the roster was Canadian), Czechs, Slovaks. Now the roster is about 60-70% Canadian (I do have a South Korean playing my 7th defenseman) with 2 Americans, one being Jack Johnson who will retire in a couple seasons and the other being my starter, Ken Yannetti (not a Miller regen). Czechs and Canadians are my best players, the Hossa regen is an absolute beast for all his attributes. I've got the (I think) Iginla regen playing in the ECHL because he won't sign my 9 year contracts so I'm gonna let him play out the year and let him go to RFA. Hossa is signed to 9 years at $2.3 mil/year, Chara regen is signed to a 5 year extension at $3.0 mil/year, I've got my 3rd line/2nd line tweener center signed for 9 years at $2.0 mil/year. I've got a good chunk of players locked up long term now, which is nice because then I don't have to deal with a ton of core contracts for a while.

Last edited by irunthepeg: 11-23-2012 at 02:16 PM.