View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 08:42 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 147
OT: MMA General Discussion Thread (UFC, Strikeforce, Dream etc...)

old thread reached max

Quote:
Hendricks needs one more fight, IMO. Diaz or Condit maybe. He'd have trouble out-striking either of those two. Until then, I don't believe the hype.

I think he's got great power, but not technical enough to beat GSP. Kampmann had a bad fight. He wasn't moving his head at all and pretty much walked right into that one. Hendricks would have to get pretty lucky to land a punch like that on GSP. He's the master of game plans.

Meanwhile Hendricks has been pumping his own tires with the same song we've heard from everyone that's fought GSP. "I'm gonna knock him out. I've got better power. I'm a better wrestler. I finish fights...." Blah blah blah. Everyone who is a better striker gets out-struck. Everyone who is a better wrestler ends up on their arse inside of 10 seconds and stays there.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilio
Hendricks needs one more fight, IMO. Diaz or Condit maybe. He'd have trouble out-striking either of those two. Until then, I don't believe the hype.

I think he's got great power, but not technical enough to beat GSP. Kampmann had a bad fight. He wasn't moving his head at all and pretty much walked right into that one. Hendricks would have to get pretty lucky to land a punch like that on GSP. He's the master of game plans.

Meanwhile Hendricks has been pumping his own tires with the same song we've heard from everyone that's fought GSP. "I'm gonna knock him out. I've got better power. I'm a better wrestler. I finish fights...." Blah blah blah. Everyone who is a better striker gets out-struck. Everyone who is a better wrestler ends up on their arse inside of 10 seconds and stays there.
I don't agree man. He's coming off wins over fitch, who was the consensus #2 guy for what seems like forever and was the only guy to finish him in the ufc, koscheck who was been a top 10 WW for a long time now and has fought gsp twice, and kampmann who just finished fighters like alves and ellenburger and really hadn't had a clear cut loss in 3 years. Not even Paul Daley who landed like 5 flush hooks on Kampmann could put him away and Johnny did that with one shot.

When you look at how guys like hardy, shields, and koscheck got their title shots it's not even close to what hendricks has done in his past 3. The only thing that should be standing in his way is the potential fight of anderson and gsp.

Love diaz but how does he deserve a fight with Johnny?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote