View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 09:56 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I thought the rumor was Chara's wife wanted to be on the East Coast like Kovalchuk's?
Have been digging looking for it but can't seem to find the article on it. From what I recall Chara was promised pretty much the same thing in LA as he was in Boston (both 5 year, $7.5 million contracts) but Chara elected to go to the place with less travel. I don't recall anything mentioned about his wife. Maybe I missed something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Umm, the same mediocre goaltending they have for years? I mean Nabakov is a workhorse and soli, but he clearly isn't going to steal a game or two in the playoffs like you need a goalie to do at this point. Boucher, Schafer, Niemi, etc could've done an admirable job. Maybe not better but not much worse either...
Umm, Nabokov wasn't mediocore, and when was the last time you heard of a team trading away their starter who had played basically every game that season just so they could ride a guy in Boucher, who played almost the entire season in the minors? Btw, Scheafer wasn't even with San jose anymore at that point, he had moved on and was playing in the Wild organization in the AHL and Niemi was in the AHL with Chicago's affiliate.

No team is going to make a trade for a veteran UFA to be like Blake only to go into the playoffs with a goalie who spent most of the seson in the AHL as their number one. Come on, man.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote