View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Jay Cee
P4G

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Of course they'd like an upgrade...any team would. Then they will see the price tag and run like Hell. Every team has 1 or 2 main areas they need to address...goaltending is not a priority for FLA, offense is. So, if they felt that they needed to trade the pieces you feel are Luongo worthy, don't you think they'd shop said pieces on the open market and see if they can get a little offense?

I disagree. If I was in Florida's position I would find a way to make a deal work. That being said, I don't think anyone is talking about the likes of Huberdeau or Gubranson outside of dream world. As to your questions about offensive help, that is a fair comment, but we need to talk about realities and who is available. Is there a good top 6 player on a team available that Florida might want? Furthermore, can said team afford to deal a player for mostly futures and not impact Florida's roster? Big questions.

That's the beauty of Internet message boards. Our opinions don't mean much at all but we are free to have them and talk about them. I haven't weighed in much on the subject because this is especially a spitball topic. We have no idea where Luongo is willing to go and what those teams might perceive his value as. We really don't have much idea at all what Gillis is looking for.