View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Hobnobs
Pinko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
I guess that's a lot of goalies as well, I watch Roberto Luongo upwards of 45 times a year, and he lets in some pretty inexcusable goals. Tommy Salo is also a culprit of it as well, I just think it's inevitable and it's a flaw shared by some pretty highly-regarded goaltenders.
Luongo has a bit of bad nerves when the game is on the line it seems. Salo could be out right putrid and Im not really a big fan of his work either but if you look at Chechmanek body of work you will see weak goal throughout his career. Not only weak but at very bad moments during the game. Like in the WC when Czech were pummeling USA (iirc) suddenly soft goal for the Americans on a soft shot on the SH and the americans took over and won.

He never got to be an olympian and no team wanted him after he left Kings. I remember an interview with a Swedish coach once when Sweden were facing the Czechs and his official strategy were "throw pucks at their goalie because you know he will let one soft shot go by"

He is not a terrible goalie he just had an affinity to screw up some pretty easy saves and that it usually happened when the game was on the line.

Hobnobs is offline   Reply With Quote