View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post
I may get blasted for this, but I was curious.

Let's say Rasmus has a huge year, with 25 HR and really increases the average, Cabrera does what he does, and Gose bat really develops, and then of course Bats being bats. Would there be any argument with next year EE being 1B full time, Rasmus playing the odd game at CF but more in the corners? Bats, Rasmus, Cabrera could have some DHing days, and maybe Bats and Rasmus could learn to play some 1B for EE to have off days and DH?

Maybe its ridiculous, so I apologize if it is, but it could be a way to solve the 1B/DH problem will utilizing all 4 of these guys IF it all goes well.
That isn't a ridiculous thought. Many felt that once Gose and Marisnick both developed, if they were both with the team at the same time as Bautista, Jose would move off to 1B with a possible Rasmus-Gose-Marisnick outfield. Assuming Gose forces his way onto the team while Melky's still here, and barring a trade, it's entirely plausible to think Jose becomes the everyday 1B with EE going back to DH, and essentially shuffling Jose/EE/Melky around between LF/DH/1B (obviously Melky just LF/DH).