View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Ricky Bobby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
I would trade Bozak for him. That's an idea that's come up a few times in the Trade forum. Fits a need for both teams. And Bozak longterm doesn't look like he'll be filling any needs for us. He's one of those not quite good enough offensively to be a top 6 C, not quite good enough defensively to be a 3rd line C type of guys, Matt Stajan 2.0.
I'd also trade Bozak for Hjalmarrson (2 years vs. 1 year, plus I believe in building from the net out)

However, I have to disagree about Bozak vs. Stajan. I think Stajan has more natural skill then Bozak that allowed him to have some success with skill players and rack up some decent offensive numbers. But Bozak has a much higher compete level that makes him tough to play that will translate to being able to be a good 3rd line center. I see Stajan as a good player on a bad team because he gets powerplay time but doesn't have a place on a good team. Well right now I see Bozak as okay player on a bad team who is simply in over his head.

A better comparison for Bozak would be Dominic Moore who was misslotted as a first liner in Toronto but was great as a third liner in Montreal, Tampa and San Jose.