View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Hottubber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
fI have always personally viewed Murphy as a Mike Green. Serviceable defensively, but dynamic offensively. One can question the type of impact he could have with a team, as if he develops, his skillset will pay him a huge sum of money. You then have to question his real value as he can probably never score enough goals to offset the goals he let's up while he's on the ice.

Those guys can be quite valuable if used properly, but they rarely are. His value will come by making a powerplay lethal, but he will have to be paired with a top notch defensive stalwart to clean up his gaffes. The funny part of the whole thing is, Dumoulin is probably a guy, from what I've seen that would be an ideal partner for Murphy. Steady, stay at home, but can also contribute to the attack from the back end.

The more I see Dumoulin, the more I believe he will be a 2-3 defenseman. I love his hockey IQ, and his skillset.
The way Pierre McGuire was talking him up after the trade, he pretty much said he was an NHL ready d-man. I would think 1 year with Wilkes-Barre and he should be ready for NHL full-time action next season

Hottubber is offline   Reply With Quote