View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 02:31 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
No, there is no industry EVER in occident that turned back to their working conditions and pay of the 1950s (especially not the ones with unions), I have no idea what you are talking about.

When Hammer say that time his against the players, he is 100 % right (That's also Vincent Damphousse opinion btw). If they wait too long Bettman and the owners will cancel the season. Eventually if that's what happen, you will see the players bend their knees and cry like little girls like the last lockout and they will make bigger concessions than they are right now. Hell, if I would be an owner I would ask to remove the guaranteed contracts and now that would be a real diminution in their working conditions.
Industry everywhere in north America is turning back the clock. Current levels of income inequality are actually at 1920s levels. Median wages are 25% below their peak in 1973, etc.

That is the general trend, players should fight or else they will.lost all of their historical gains, as have many job classes.