View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 03:22 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I thought he allowed Morgan to shine, by not getting in his way. Again Morgan didn't look as good without him in game 2. I asked at the time was it a coincidence? No one was sure, but people who understand the game, know you can't put Paul Coffey with Lidstrom. He played with Huddy and it was a great team. It's why perhaps Suter and Weber are so great together, both get the puck just the right amount to compliment each other.

Rielly needs a partner that can put up points without carrying the mail, because that will take his strength away. Pulock did what he was supposed to do in that game, get Reilly the puck and hope to get it back for his big shot, in a way I wish he had been teamed up with Reinhart. Think he could have showcased himself better in a one game audition.
That is a highly suspect assumption you're making that is was a coincidence that Rielly played worse that game BECAUSE he wasn't paired with Pulock. It could go any to perfectly honest.

Of course Rielly could play well with that type of player. But what's to say he could do it with another type of player? Again you're making a huge assumption that he does.