View Single Post
Old
05-24-2006, 12:50 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
apparently common sense kicked in and Shero has seen through the mask that is Jeremy Jacobs & co ... Shero wants to bring in his own asst GM but Jacobs & co want Gorton as the asst GM ... lets see how this plays out ... would Shero accept a job with a very unstable franchise with more control? ... tune in next time for as the Shero turns
I don't see the Penguins as a negative location because of their instability. If the arena deal gets settled in Pittsburgh, the team will be there for a while. If the arena deal falls through, the team is moving. But wherever it moves to, it will be to a place that is a good hockey market. And those first few years are always great as there is a bit of a honeymoon. Either way, I think Pittsburgh is a solid choice and I certainly wouldn't value them below Boston because of their instability. I would compare the two based on money and control. And while there is silence on the former, past history tells us that Pittsburgh will offer considerably more on the latter.

I think he'd be wiser to remain in Nashville as opposed to taking a job with a team who will handcuff him. I've seen so many instances in so many other venues where this resulted in failure. Sometimes you get only once chance to be a GM in this league. He shouldn't risk it if the situation isn't right. There'll be more GM positions hitting the market next summer.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote