View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Has his play picked up compared to the last time there was talk of him not doing so well? I know some stated that the moose's defense weren't great either.
Just finished talking with him actually (article will be coming soon).
Mooseheads are allowing fewer shots this year than last year (I did the numbers earlier in the month and he was facing on average 7 or 8 shots fewer this year per game). He said it was a bit of an adjustment, because it changed how he focused on the game. He said he's made some changes and feels like he's playing better.

Based on what I've witnessed, I agree. Last night, for example, against Baie-Comeau, I thought he was excellent after an odd bounce led to the first goal. There were a few instances where the Drakkar were really pushing and his play really shone through.

For reference, I think the reason he's seeing fewer shots is equally because of improved defense over last year and also the increased puck possession of the team as a whole. He's definitely being leaned on to bail out the team less often then last year. In 2011-12, he was the team's co-MVP with MacKinnon and that was with good reason, if Fucale wasn't there when Terenzio went down (and if Fucale didn't play practically every game after the injury), the Mooseheads story from last season would have been quite a different tale.