vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
Looking at the teams that would be in on Schneider, I have:

Toronto
Tampa
Edmonton
Chicago
New York Islanders * (If there is a buyout in the new CBA)
Columbus
Washington
Philadelphia (If there is a buyout in the new CBA)

For Luongo I have:
Toronto
Florida
Edmonton
Washington
Chicago

I had a thought....maybe we should not totally dismiss Tampa from consideration. Their new goalie is not setting the word on fire in Finland and that is a very veteran team that is built to win now. They may still be a player. I dismissed them as I thought they'd only be in for Schneider but did not have the right assets to carry the trade. But for Lou, they do have the assets....or in particular one asset that does fit very well. That's Connolly who we discussed at length in Schneider proposals.

With Poliout signed, Conacher and Kucherov developing nicely they are not as pinched on wing prospects as they used to be. Their goaltending still really stands out as a significant risk and coming back from the lockout I wonder how much they need to appeal to the goodwill of the fans.

I think there is a fit there.
If Stevie Y decides he needs Lou, he may have to call another team about him. there is noway after spending assets on Lindback he is not going to give him every chance to prove himself. I mean Rinne is not playing well, so by that mantra Nashville should be phoning too.