View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 05:28 PM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick33 View Post
My point with Sakic is that Crosby's numbers aren't much different than any other top scorer in the dead puck era. Certainly there's nothing there to anoint the man as a Hockey God. So were is it coming from? It's coming from the "wow" factor: His flashiness as a player. My point is that flashiness and "wow" factors aren't a part of evaluating how good a player is. You can be a great player without flashiness and "wow" factors.
You can go ahead believing that I am influenced by this "wow" factor that you speak of even if nothing I have said would indicate it is true. I also don't know where you see anyone here anointing him as a "Hockey God", unless you think that only a deity could be slightly better than Trottier. I am judging Crosby and Trottier based on what I have seen and comparison with their peers, not some criteria that exists in your head.

As far as Sakic, this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
During the post-lockout era (2006-12):
Crosby - 1.40 PPG
Malkin - 1.23
Ovechkin - 1.23
Thornton - 1.16
Spezza - 1.13

During DPE (1998-03):
Lemieux - 1.48
Jagr - 1.36
Forsberg - 1.25
Sakic - 1.22
Bure - 1.10

I'd say that the difference is very substantial.
Indicates that you are wrong. I still fail to see the point however, as Sakic is an all time great who is pretty close to Trottier historically.

JackSlater is offline   Reply With Quote