View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
In my opinion, it would be a big mistake. I don't know if he has a shot. I hope not. However, unlike some here, I never abandon my team, no matter what.
Well, I wouldn't say that about anyteam and league. The NHL continues to turn me off.

But I can't help but like a community owned local club in a Canadian league that has always offered up a part of Canadiana to me.

Plus I love afternoon or evening games at Commonwealth and especially in the summer and will still spend my days there, still probably be found venting and speaking in tongues at halftime, but supporting the club and league nonetheless.

This team and league I'll support until it, or me, are no longer.

Given the nationwide history, and heritage of the CFL and what it means to this nation it owes my lifelong commitment and support. As long as people from Jackie parker to Normie Kwong to Moon to Gizmo continued to believe in this product, emblem and what it means long past their day I will believe in it too. The CFL has earned that.

Conversely the NHL was always the league that had as little to do with Canada as possible except for taking our players, and cup, away, and housing the Canadian game in mostly american cities. A league that even after mending some of those wrongs had the audacity to take two Canadian clubs and move them to Don't care USA.

I owe no such allegiance to the NHL. I would have more allegiance to a restarted WHA brand that DID believe in Canadian markets coast to coast. Shame on the NHL for rarely getting that straight.