View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I can't really offer much, as it would take quite a bit of time to go back on twitter to find documentation to support those kind of statements. I don't honestly feel that Faulk was ever in the discussion and if Pittsburgh wanted a prospect at that position, which they obviously did, they would probably go after Murphy from Carolina. At least have the discussion. As I mentioned, Carolina has two prospects on defense that they are almost irrationally high on in Faulk and Murphy. Brian Dumoulin was right there on the cusp of being another one. Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to say that Carolina was giving nothing of value, hated everybody in the draft, and totally got the better end of the deal. The price was, and remains, QUITE steep. Brian Dumoulin plays a style that should be familiar as I have watched him a lot since he was drafted and the stylistic game he plays is a lot like Ryan Whitney. I feel like he's a tougher version of Whitney and not quite on the tier offensively, but they both seem to approach the game the same way. He WILL be a Top 4 defender. I am certain of that much. Incredible mind for the game.
Educated guess, gotcha.

For the record, the Pens are almost irrationally high on defensive prospects who they've seen a lot of as a result of watching their other prospects on the team, so when they had the opportunity to get Dumoulin AND Pouliot, I'm sure Shero's scouting staff collectively JIMPed, haha.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote