View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Dutch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
How big is their rink?

Some people have mentioned McGill which may seem like a natural choice but the have a tiny rink and would have to play off campus. Since the Bell Centre is out of the question what other options would they have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarketmob View Post
http://www.qmjhlarenaguide.com/troisrivieres.htm

Suitable arena, but from what I have heard, fans in the city are more drawn to the LNAH than CIS. Perhaps someone (Dutch for example) could clarify.
I guess the arena would fit, it can host about 3000 people. However, half of the seats are obstructed by those columns.

There will be a new 5000 seats in Trois-Rivières in 2015-16, but I highly doubt the Patriotes will play there, as it's huge for CIS hockey and is on the opposite part of town.

When it comes to drawing crowds, the Trois-Rivières fans seems to be into... nothing. LNAH game draw an average 800 people, while CIS games an average 350. Collegiate hockey (the Quebec kind), gets 200 people and midget AAA about 350 too. There's a ton of hockey to see in the region, plus many Trifluvians have made it an habit to drive the 30 minutes that separates Trois-Rivières from Shawinigan to see the Cataractes.

Also, senior hockey is very popular, with crowds that range between 350 and 800 for many cities located around Trois-Rivières.

In the end, I think the Patriotes aren't popular enough to host the championship. Back in the days, they'd get 1500-2000 people at their games, which made it possible to host the tournament.

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote