View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 07:17 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
fI have always personally viewed Murphy as a Mike Green. Serviceable defensively, but dynamic offensively. One can question the type of impact he could have with a team, as if he develops, his skillset will pay him a huge sum of money. You then have to question his real value as he can probably never score enough goals to offset the goals he let's up while he's on the ice.

That's the thing: if Murphy could be even "servicable" defensively, I would think he is a top prospect. But I'm not sure that he can even be servicable defensively. He is downright weak & terrible at times. There's no doubting his offensive ability, but he may never be more than an elite PP guy who has to see very little ice-time 5-on-5, and never on the PK. That's why I say he may just become a M.A. Bergeron type player.

I do agree on Dumoulin, however. I think he can be a first or 2nd pairing Dman who can play in all situations and provide a lot of size on the back end. I'm more excited about him than Despres for sure.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote