View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 07:41 PM
cishockeyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I guess the arena would fit, it can host about 3000 people. However, half of the seats are obstructed by those columns.

There will be a new 5000 seats in Trois-Rivières in 2015-16, but I highly doubt the Patriotes will play there, as it's huge for CIS hockey and is on the opposite part of town.

When it comes to drawing crowds, the Trois-Rivières fans seems to be into... nothing. LNAH game draw an average 800 people, while CIS games an average 350. Collegiate hockey (the Quebec kind), gets 200 people and midget AAA about 350 too. There's a ton of hockey to see in the region, plus many Trifluvians have made it an habit to drive the 30 minutes that separates Trois-Rivières from Shawinigan to see the Cataractes.

Also, senior hockey is very popular, with crowds that range between 350 and 800 for many cities located around Trois-Rivières.

In the end, I think the Patriotes aren't popular enough to host the championship. Back in the days, they'd get 1500-2000 people at their games, which made it possible to host the tournament.

Wow.....According to your attendance numbers No Hockey team in Trois Rivieres even draws 1000 people but the city is building a new 5000 Seat Rink???

In Fredericton, we have the experience of two AHL Franchises a very successful CIS Franchise, Their is a QMJHL League all around us in Atlantic Canada that have done very well over the years, even despite Halifax and Moncton Ugly AHL Attendance History, yet Fredericton just saw its last ever City Rink built this year the home of St Thomas University with a seating Capacity of 1500 People. Even tiny Bathurst and Campbellton have a nicer City Civic Rink than we do (as far as a 3000+ rinks go). Summerside PEI has a 5000 Seat Rink and what is their population 13,000?? We have a city population of 85,000 and 100,000 just outside of our limits Including Oromocto

Can we borrow Moncton and Halifax's 7,000 and 10,000 seat Rinks when they build their 12,000 to 16,000 seat rinks?

cishockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote