Thread: GDT: Lockout Thread II
View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 07:49 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCA View Post
If what you are saying is true, that there is indeed no casual hockey fans in the United States, why in the world did Gary Bettman decide to place franchises in non-traditional hockey markets? Why is there a team in Phoenix, and Nashville, and Florida, and Texas? Kind of flies in the face of logic now, doesn't it? When you have Bill Simmons calling you out in a long winded column about the damage Gary Bettman and this collective group of owners has done to the league over the past 10 years or so, I think there is a hint of truth to it.
And all those markets are failing.....Proving my point. There is no such thing as a Casual Hockey fan. At least there is not enough Casual Fan's to make a difference.

As to why Bettman and his cronies decided that it was a good idea.

Who knows.

Who cares also, it's water under the bridge it can't be undone.

It's not like anyone is praising Bettman/owner's for expanding in those awful markets. Maybe the players are, since it gave them additional jobs.

My overall point stands. The revenue pie is not very big. That is why both sides are not motivated to compromise and just play.

They both want as much money as they can get, out of this small pie. Fan's be damned , because they know the fan's will come back.

Last edited by damacles1156: 11-22-2012 at 07:58 PM.