View Single Post
Old
11-22-2012, 08:37 PM
That

vCash: 500
5-3 win for London. Galchenyuk picked up a goal and an assist. I thought he was the best player on the ice tonight.

Galchenyuk's first point came off a beautiful saucer pass to Boucher. Wicked pass and a wicked shot, just a great player all around. There was two times in the period where passes went right by him, if he had his stick on the ice he would have been able to intercept them. I've never seen that happen to him before. He also had a bad read that resulted in a London goal. He was already turning around and started moving his feet towards the other end of the ice instead of attacking the puck carrier. However, that was the extent of the negative play. On the PP he pulled the puck back and tried to put it in the net. On that same PP he used his great hands to get off an (almost) impossible pass to Boucher. In the second Galchenyuk had a nice end to end rush on the PP, but forced his pass. During the PK he had a turnover, but recovered nicely. Right after that PK, Galchenyuk had a flurry of chances, he got the puck shot, missed, picked it up and went around the net for the wrap around. He had a great play on the PP, where he walked into a group of 2 Knights, but somehow managed to come out with the puck, pretty awesome. His goal came off of that same PP, but with just a second left in the period. It was a beautiful wrister that went top shelf. In the third, Galchenyuk picked up his play even further. He had a great shift to start off the period. He went around the net and protected the puck well, had a beautiful toe drag along the boards, and then deked the defender and made a great pass to Sarault. He had another great rush on his next shift. He did a great job protecting the puck at one point, and skated all the way from the blue line, to behind the net and at the top of circle before passing it off. With time running out he switched to a different position off the FO and immediately he got a great chance but using his great hands and firing off a shot. Sarault sent him a pass and Galchenyuk while getting hit launched off a great shot. It really showed off how quick his release is.

Overall, I thought it was an outstanding game from Galchenyuk. He had quite a few phenomenal passes that his teammates could trap. During the first two periods, it seemed like he was the only forward who decided to play. He looked... explosive tonight, his skating was awesome. I thought he was the best player on the ice tonight.

-Devil's prospect Reid Boucher picked up a goal off a beautiful one-time from a feed from Galchenyuk. It was a great shot. His shot, well more specially his release, has held him back in the past, but lately his shot is more effective. Hopefully he keeps it up.
-Joshua Chapman is slowly starting to become a player that could be a late round pick in my eyes. He's 6'4", he's very physical, he's great defensively, and he's got some good offensive instincts. Every game he gets better.
-2014 draft eligible Nikolay Goldobin was very quiet the first two periods, but really picked it up in the third. He picked up a goal from a great snipe.
-Jack Kuzmyk was solid tonight. He made some great reads. I thought he was Sarnia's best defenceman from start to finish.
-2014 draft eligible Anthony DeAngelo was horrible tonight. He was extremely selfish and turned the puck over far too much. He's incredibly talented, but he's got some terrible habits.
-Blue Jacket's prospect Josh Anderson had a great game. He picked up two goals and was great the first two periods. The third he didn't do much. He's really becoming a solid player for London. Very talented and a guy to keep an eye on in the future.
-2013 top prospect Max Domi didn't really do much at all tonight. Apart from a few chances, he was invisible.
-Another 2013 top prospect Bo Horvat also had a quiet game. I'm really becoming a fan of his, but tonight wasn't really his best game. He didn't engage at all during the play.
-Unlike his fellow 2013 top prospects, Nikita Zadorov had a great game. Looked very poised. He made some great decisions defensively, but also offensively. He jumped up in to the rush and made some good smart decisions. More specially, he did a great job keeping possession along the boards in the offensive zone, and then made a great pass. He didn't play with the normal physical edge, but he was still very good.
-Sharks prospect Chris Tierney picked up 3 assists tonight. I didn't really notice him much apart from those 3 assists though. Showed some solid vision on Anderson's first goal though.