Old
11-23-2012, 01:05 AM
Bud2790

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
"I want to be one of the best in the league"

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/new...fenders-league
He still has plenty of time to get there. He showed some great flashes this year, especially at one point there was a 10 game stretch where he was awesome (during our 5 game win streak). The fact that he gets to practice and play with guys like Nesta, Ferrari and Rivas can only help him develop.

I think he'll become a good defender, but doubt he'll be one of the best in the league. Obviously as an IMFC, I hope he does becomes one of the best. IMO, you have tier 1 with about 10-15 elite/great defenders and then I think he can be a part of tier 2 with some very good defenders.

Time will tell, but he's still young (will turn 24 in about a week) and has potential. I really believe Zarek and Jeb can become the best pair of outside backs in the league. I'm talking 2-3 years down the road and that's if we keep them and give them playing time. Zarek is 21 (only turns 22 mid season) and also showed some flashes, but in his case, he has to stay healthy. Seems like everytime he got his chance he played great but got injured shortly after.

Man, MLS season isn't even over and I can't wait for the Impact to start next season

Edit: And there's no hockey to keep me occupied haha! Thank god for the NFL, that should keep me occupied until end of January. By then the Impact will probably be starting their training camp!