View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 06:17 AM
VMBM

vCash: 500
Hmmm, a wee bit arrogant IMO. I mean, maybe if Czechoslovakia had had the same level of goaltending (or at least close to it) in the finals as they did in the group game, there would have been some fear of losing?
Can't agree on the 1st period of the 2nd final either. Two quick and maybe easy goals to make it 2-0, yes, but "total domination" in the first period? Nope. The game settled down somewhat and was pretty competitive after 'shaky' Holecek was replaced by Dzurilla.
And from what I remember & have seen, Czechoslovakia was more of a counterattacking team, rather than one who had the puck/dominatated for long stretches. I think that's how it often was in the Czechoslovakia vs. USSR games also; the Soviets usually dominated the play, and Czechoslovakia tried to capitalize on their mistakes.

Canada definitely had more guns and would've arguably had more room for improvement; for example, many of the Habs players did not quite play on the level they were capable of. However, if, say, Dzurilla had played like he did in the group game, anything could've happened. Had Canada lost, yes, it would have been a huge upset but not exactly miracle on ice.

VMBM is offline   Reply With Quote