11-23-2012, 07:53 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...mrlik-comments

Looks like some players are cracking.
That's still all about Hamrlik. Old news really. I clicked the link expecting to see more players saying that. Instead of one of the most effected players out there. The truth is it will piss a guy like that off the most, being 39 with one year left on his deal. He may not get another offer if the season is scratched.

Quote:
I still support Fehr, but we as players we need to push him a little bit more and get the best deal possible, Hamrlik told TSN on Thursday. Im a little bit disappointed in what he (Cole) said. What I do know is he has three years left on his contract and Im sure he got a nice signing bonus this summer, so I dont think he didnt have to sacrifice anything.

I find the bolded part odd. He's been in the league for 20 years now and he feels financially desperate enough now to whine about a 1 year deal at 3.5M. Where's the rest of his money? He should be whining about the fact that he has almost no more chances at the Stanley Cup he hasn't won yet.

If he was saying that instead complaining jealously about Cole's deal I'd feel for him. But what he has said tells me he's only concerned for himself.

If I'm a player, I can't put Roman Hamrlik's needs ahead of what's best for the players moving forward.