View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 08:22 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Meh, he's a Vick, McNabb, Jason Campbell like players. I feel like once teams get enough video on him teams will be able to shut him down.
Vick is and always has been an athlete masquerading as a quarterback. He can't read defenses well, and he struggles when forced to operate in a typical pro offense.

Campbell has never been very good, and never showed RGIII's potential--but even if he had, he was basically a pocket quarterback. He was mobile enough, sure, but he was never a scrambler, let alone an elite one.

McNabb was a truer duel-threat quarterback. He had flaws, to be sure, but he performed at a high level for the better part of a decade.

Of the three, RGIII seems closest to McNabb--with superior tools and athleticism. If he manages to develop McNabb's decision-making, he'll be an elite player. If not, he'll likely be limited to an the role of ticket-selling machine, with limited on-field results. I guess that's sort of like Vick, but he gets there in a very different way, I think.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 11-23-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Trying to avoid sending this thread off the rails.