Old
11-23-2012, 09:56 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I said, since they became Champs.
So, for Silva, Hendo, Franklin, Griffin and Belfort.

For GSP, Hughes, Penn, Serra and Condit.

4 vs 4, not 3.
Had forgotten about Penn. However, Condit was an interim, and we all know Serra had no business winning in the first place.

Didn't consider Shields because he was fighting in lower talent organization. Hendo earned his title versus top end talent in Pride. At the time, Pride had more talent than the UFC.

Actually, I ended that post by saying the reason GSP might bring in more talent is that he has the Canadians in full support of him. MMA is gaining in popularity here, a lot, in Brazil, it's been around for a very long time. That country always produced top fighters. GSP is the only and first top canadian talent to make it in the UFC.
I somewhat disagree with you on that one. You forgot about Carlos Newton that was the WW champion in the UFC. He's the one that lost the title to Matt Hughes. He may not be at the same elite level as GSP but he deserves some credit.

Harold Howard too was one of the first Canadian fighters to step in the octagon, but unfortunately he had some serious issues.

However, GSP is the main reason why MMA in Canada became so huge. GSP is the Manny Pacquiao of Canada. (not Jean Pascal or Lucian Bute)

Speaking of Jean Pascal...did anybody see this during last event?? lol

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote