View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 10:56 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPenguins View Post
The Penguins had him switch when we was playing Wilkes-Barre with the Baby Pens. From what he has said in the past it seems like he would rather play D.
It was actually Dan Bylsma that laid it out for him. Enjoy your career as a minor league defenseman or goon it up and get a shot at the show. Bissonnette made the commitment and led the American league in fighting majors.

He was a good stay at home defenseman until the last lock out brought changes to the game and his style of play was quickly marginalized. He wasn't the only one. Lots of rugged defensemen lost their jobs due to anti obstruction policies in the game. Guys like Hatcher, and Simpson. Nick Boynton was an All Star and quickly became a 7th D.

Bissonnette does not have a prayer as a D in the NHL. I personally think he has the ability to be an excellent 4th LW. I really do. I just don't think it will be for Dave Tippett on a team like Phoenix. We need too much out of our fourth line. In Edmonton he'd be great. In Philly he'd be great. Not here, though. Not now, anyway.