View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I didn't catch this game so I can't gauge how DD played, but your overall assessment of him is wrong. He might have had a bad game, but he has been solid tis season. He actually has a pretty good set of hands on him and actually excels t passing. I think Richardson has been using him a lot more than he is used to and that is leading to some volatility in his play. So far this season he has been the best player on the ice or at least one of the best players on the ice on number of occasions. Other games, he struggles a bit. He is still raw, but he has some solid potential. If you listened to what Tim Murray said about him, the organization felt he was very raw when they got him and maybe not ready for the AHL but they kept him there all season. Since then his play has progressed and he now has a real shot of cracking the sens roster as a bottom six guy. The more consistent his play gets, the better chance he will have of being a full time NHL player. He does have NHL potential, you will just have to see him play more to notice it.
Except he will never have that luxury

Spezza, Turris, Michalek
Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Stone, Noesen, Puempel, Petersson, Prince, Hoffman, Da Costa
Greening, Regin, Latendresse, Condra, O'Brien, Smith
Grant, Pageau, Culek, Dzingel, Maidens, Kramer, Cowick, Filatov...

I can't see DD not getting beat by at least 12 of those guys

Highlighted are the guys that are already NHLers or will be very soon... Of course, the Sens could let go guys like Regin, Latendresse, Condra, O'Brien... but why would they do that? To leave a spot for DD? No, it would likely be because one/a few of Petersson, Da Costa, Prince, Hoffman, Puempel, Grant, Pageau, etc are too good to not be in the NHL.

DD could play a few games for the Sens but there's too much organizational depht for him here to be a mainstay

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote