View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 10:28 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
The change didn't really matter because he sucks at the NHL level anyway. The more I look at this, the more it seems he is using the NHL to become the next Hollywood Celeberty instead.
I don't know about that. I wouldnt confuse his sense of humor about his NHL status with nonchalance. I think he's extremely committed to his NHL dream, but he can only change what he can change. Joking about being a healthy scratch and a fourth line scrub doesn't make me think he doesn't care about his nhl career, it makes me think that he's self effacing, which is an endearing quality. He's not popular because he's cocky. It's quite the opposite, actually. He's popular because he takes flack as well as he dishes it out and has a sense of humor about the whole thing. Is he a meat head? Absolutely. Does he behave relatively immaturely? Sure. He's also young, rich, unattached and the proud owner of an over the top personality. I don't think that means he has ulterior motives. I think he's just having the fun he can have while it lasts, because he knows it won't last long.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote