View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 10:30 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
I would add to that his size. In the past he's been compared to many taller centers, while he isn't himself that big. Like his skating, it's not a weakness, he just doesn't have a fantastic size the same way he as a fantastic shot or playmaking abilities.

Having so many tools at a such excellent level is very rare in a prospect. I can't wait to see him in the WJC and see what he can do playing with better players.

Also agree. And he's the kind of offensive skates you build your team around. If he makes it (and I don't see why he couldn't), he's going to be the guy who will log tons of minutes, play against the opposition top players, while still provides offense. This could have huge, huge repercutions on our depth.
Good post...regarding his size. He looks to be very solidily built and he's only going to get stronger. I think height in hockey is somewhat overrated, strength and leverage is not and he has both of those attributes and I think it's safe to assume they'll only get better

I also think his poise with the puck and strength on the puck are also going to be at elite level when he reaches the NHL, which is a HUGE advantage.