View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
The benefit is that without a CBA Burke cannot do anything stupid. I.E trading 1sts/prospects.
We get Connolly off the books, Another year off Komi/Lombo which may make them more attractive to move when Hockey resumes. And our prospects get a full year to just play AHL hockey. Without the pressure of yo-yoing up and down to the big club. If we get another lottery pick out of it - it will be a dream come true.

Burke would have succeeded at rebuilding through the draft despite his every attempt not to LOL.
(If only we had hung on to Sequin/Hamilton/Rask)
I disagree with everything in this post except the Komi/Lombo thing.

What stupid thing did Burke do? Get a consistent 30+ goal scorer who should be hitting 40 as soon as we get him legit linemates? Was getting Phaneuf for scraps stupid? Was getting a top line LW and a potential top 2/4 Dman for an overrated crappy Dman stupid? Was trading an immobile Dman for a recent 2nd overall who has shown flashes of brilliance and dominance in the playoffs a stupid thing?

How is losing Connolly for nothing a good thing when we can get a pick for him at TDL.

Why is Burke getting blamed for things he never did (Rask).

who is Sequin.

So say we replaced Kessel with Seguin. Would our team be better? I definitely don't think so.

Also, Burke basically got Gardiner + Lupul for nothing, which I would take over Hamilton any day.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote