View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 11:03 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Eberle is not needed on the Blues. The front office has given every indication they believe Tarasenko will become that goal scorer we need. If Doug Armstrong believes that, well I trust him. Berglund cannot be traded unless another center comes back. I love me some Alex Steen, but the idea of him being the second line center is down right scary. Hitch likes big two way centers. And it's going to stay that way. Not to mention the fact that eberle is going to make almost 6 million a year for 6 years. Easy pass.
Why would we only want one goal scorer? Tarasenko might end up being something special, but Eberle already is. 6x6 for Eberle is nothing, especially since we'll be giving up 2 guys that stand to make quite a bit of money in the next couple of years. Steen is not a huge guy, but he's not small either. He and Oshie or Sobotka could easily hold down the center spots. If not, one of Oshie/Steen/Stewart/Rattie/Schwartz could be traded for someone that could. This trade would be the Blues absolutely robbing the Oilers. Oshie and Steen can play the center. Both can skate, both are good defensively, and both understand the game exceptionally well. Just because someone isn't a "natural center" doesn't mean they can't play it at all. Backes is not a "natural center" and he's worked out just fine. I value Eberle a whole lot higher than Shattenkirk and Berglund.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote