Old
11-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Except he will never have that luxury

Spezza, Turris, Michalek
Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Stone, Noesen, Puempel, Petersson, Prince, Hoffman, Da Costa
Greening, Regin, Latendresse, Condra, O'Brien, Smith
Grant, Pageau, Culek, Dzingel, Maidens, Kramer, Cowick, Filatov...

I can't see DD not getting beat by at least 12 of those guys

Highlighted are the guys that are already NHLers or will be very soon... Of course, the Sens could let go guys like Regin, Latendresse, Condra, O'Brien... but why would they do that? To leave a spot for DD? No, it would likely be because one/a few of Petersson, Da Costa, Prince, Hoffman, Puempel, Grant, Pageau, etc are too good to not be in the NHL.

DD could play a few games for the Sens but there's too much organizational depht for him here to be a mainstay
Pageau, Petersson, Da Costa and Filatov aren't suited to play bottom six minutes so he isn't competing with them. The rest of the prospects you listed (aside from Hoffman and possibly Grant) are at least another two years off before they are even being considered for a spot. Now DD will have to earn that spot in order to maintain it, but he will definitely be given a shot.

I don't know, maybe it is just my opinion, but I see DD as basically an ideal bottom six forward. He skates very well for a guy who is 6'3 218 lbs; there are not many guys his size that can move as well as he does out there. He hits and he fights, and he is good at both; therefore he is a physical player. He is also a very good penalty killer. On top of that he actually has a decent set of hands and can contribute offensively.

So based on his skill set, he sounds at the very least like a decent 4th liner at the NHL level. He has size, skating, physicality, defensive awareness and some offensive skills. That's a pretty good set of skills for a bottom six forward.

Richardson also plays DD in every position. He plays 5 on 5, 2nd pp unit, 1st pk unit, 1st or 2nd 5 on 3 unit, 2nd or 3rd 4 on 4 unit. There are only a handful of players on the team that play in all those situations. Only players that a coach really trusts get to play in all those positions.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote