: Prospect Info:
Derrick Pouliot | Defenseman | Portland (WHL) | 1st Round, 8th overall
View Single Post
11-23-2012, 12:43 PM
The Dynamic Duo
Join Date: May 2006
Originally Posted by
1. His cap hit will nearly double on his next contract;
2. We are loaded with defensive prospects. Some have similar skill-sets;
3. We have very few potential top-6 forward prospects;
4. Our bottom-6 prospects are actually better than our top-6;
5. He'll represents the highest value that we have to bargain with outside of Crosby/Malkin;
6. He might be the only defensive player who has significant trade value over the next 2 years.
1. His contract
nearly double. He's a 25 year old #1 defenseman who's been in the top 10 in Norris voting the past two years. Why would we balk at paying a great young player what he's worth?
2. None of these prospects would be remotely ready - in any reasonable scenario - to take over for Letang as a #1 defenseman in the next two years. If ever.
The rest doesn't matter.
View Public Profile
Warm Cookies's albums
Find More Posts by Warm Cookies