View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Eighth Fret

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post
Fehr is such a ******. I just read the actual terms of the NHLPA proposal that he claims is only $182 million apart from the league's. Not even close. They haven't removed the guarantee and they haven't budged on any of the big player contracting issues. What a bunch of fools. The season is over. The players are biting off their noses to spite their faces.

What really intrigues me is the fact that guys like Brad Richards are tweeting that that what they've proposed is a huge concession and really close to a deal, when it's not even close. Makes me wonder if union leadership is really clearly articulating the situation to the players or if the players are just too stupid to understand it.
Agreed. As for the players, I think it's because of who they are. Football, baseball, and basketball players are generally a lot more selfish. It's widely understood that hockey players are far more down to earth, heart and soul guys for the most part, so it's easy for them to be fed stuff about pride (standing up for what you deserve) and integrity (making the owners accountable for contracts they've already signed) even when it's not in their best interest.