Thread: Prospect Info: Morgan Rielly discussion thread.
View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Kingstonian84*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
What about Schenn? Was he not rushed?

I wouldn't mind him coming to training camp but don't put him as a roster player yet. Let him develop first. Put him in the AHL next year then allow him to play for the leafs.
I don't think Schenn was rushed at all, he had a strong camp and impressed the coaches enough to stick around full time. The thing that ruined Schenn IMO was the system he was in, Wilson employed a speedy high risk/reward uptempo sysem which meant Schenn had to jump up in the rush and use his limited offensive skills, basically in other words Schenn had to rely on his weaknesses to thrive here.

IMO I really think Kadri was rushed though- Kadri had an amazing juniour career, then he comes to camp and gets put in the AHL all fine steps and then it came undone when he was called up not even 1/4 of the way through the season. Kadri was called up because our offense went sour and its' clear Kadri was never ready to be called up, he was still a sup-par skater, very weak lower body strength he also tried to be too "cute" with the puck instead of making the right play. I really think Kadri should have remained in the AHL for the entire season that way he could develeop his game properly and then come to the next training camp ready to fight for a job.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote