View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 04:54 PM
RogerRoeper*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale View Post
Watched a bit of the baby Leafs last night, not terribly impressed with any of their prospects.

Coburn failed to control his man on the boards leading to a goal, looked like he wasn't even trying to win face offs, and was slow... looked decent with the puck but didn't look at all like a checking center to me.

Gardiner blew a tire at the opposition blue line, leading to a goal against. Still looks like Lucas Kraijick to me, I like Lucas but I don't see Jakes value being nearly as high as leaf fans think. Has no physical element to his game at all. Tanev is a better prospect than him.

Kadri, again looked dangerous with the puck, but there is a big difference between playing with 'grit' and actually being able to back it up. Got into a pushing match with Jessiman, seriously? Kids going to get himself pummeled. Nice player, but the Canucks need real grit in the top six with Burrows, the Sedins and even Booth already there. Kesler is our only top-6 forward who could be said to be difficult or frustrating to play against.

Ashton looked somewhat interesting, but I am not sure what his upside is.

Other than Kadri these are all prospects that were aquired on the cheap from other teams, they are all projects from what I can see.
In what world is Jake Gardiner a "Project"? He was the best rookie D-Man in the NHl last year and is a former first rounder.

Anaheim making a REALLY bad trade doesn't take anthying away from his value.