View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Most of our prospects will bust, every indication and history would suggest. That's just the way things work.

That being said, one can certainly improve the chances of getting better than average outcome out of the picks, and I believe Sens have a pretty good scouting department to scew odds in our favour.
For sure, but I still don't get it. Are people discouraged by the play of a guy like JGP? For one, he's a 4th rounder with a long way to go, two he's played okay, and okay is a reasonable hope for a guy like him. Shane Prince? I've loved him since his debut. Stone? Been quite good IMO. Silfverberg? Really starting to look good. Lehner? Um, living up to the insane hype. Pat Weircioch? Been good, and most gave up. Claesson? Been adequate, but what was anyone expecting?

The guys that make our prospect pool among the best in the league are playing fairly well, I'd have thought Stone and Zibanejad could give us 0.5 PPG and Silfverberg anywhere from 0.75-1PPG. And by the end of the season I still wouldn't be surprised to see that. And we still have three 1sts outside of Binghamton.

The only guy that's really "struggling" is Zibanejad and a significant part of that is that most don't see beyond the scoresheet. That said, his play hasn't been overly impressive but I think people went in with unreasonable expectations of what he was supposed to play like (talking play style, not scoring). He could easily have quite a few more points doing exactly what he's doing.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote