View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
I agree to an extent. It's honestly only November, and Drouin is putting up ridiculous numbers. If he continues like this and into the playoffs his hype will grow too.

Side bar question. Is Mackinnon getting a lot of hype all around the country? I live in Halifax so it's normal to me, but is it all across Canada in general?
I‘m not sure. I too am a Haligonian, so like you, I get use to seeing his face on the cover of the Metro and the CH. It‘s because of this team that I don‘t miss the NHL ONE BIT. I‘d assume he gets talked about in other places, but not like it is here.. I‘d imagine the cities with OHL teams talk most about McDavid, even if he isn‘t eligible until ‘15.. and out West they‘d talk Jones. Heck, I had family just outside of Pittsburgh back when Crosby was drafted and they had NO IDEA who he was!!

While Drouin‘s hype will most likely grow, I don‘t think it will pass the whole “next Crosby“. To me, that‘s a BIG factor as to why he‘s been slated to go #1 and why fans love him so much. I like Drouin more myself, as does the rest of my family. To me, MacKinnon tries to do a bit too much with the puck.. almost like Marchand did when he played here. Granted, Nate is already a better player than Brad is, but still.. he seems too showey for my liking. Many disagree, but I stand by my opinion.