Old
05-24-2006, 06:10 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nols
Good post though i disagree with some of it.

The biggest difference between MTL and Edm imo is on Defence and grit. Edmonton has way better guys in the back end imo. I simply look at Pronger who eats like 30 min of ice time a night, throw in guys like Smith, Spacek, Begeron and Staois and you have the leagues # 1 shot blocking defence.

Up front, the oil have two young and talented 2 way centers in Stoll and Horcoff who are flanked by talented wingers like Sammy and Hemsky as well as a banger like Torres and of course Ryan Smyth. THis team isint one dimensional, all faucets of hockey are visible in the oil. Lets not forget the role players on the 3rd/4th lines: Peca, Moreau, Pisani, Dvorak, Laraque, Harvey....

Montreal on the other hand always seems to have goaltending, which is a good start, a team needs to be built from the net out. I think the two missing peices of Montreals puzzle are a Stud on D (maybe try and pull one of the big guys outta Ott?) and a bigger 2 way centerman. Ribeiro and Koivu are quite small. Ribeiro has never struck me as too physical or gritty and Koivu is often plagued with injury.

Just my opinion.
The Habs dont even have close to the amount of depth.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote