View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 07:24 PM
ScoutingBC

vCash: 500
DEFENCEMEN
1. Dante Fabbro, BWC. An exceptional, unusual package of talents in a Defenceman. Huge potential.
2. Matt Barberis, BWC. Tremendously dedicated and skilled. Occasionally picks the wrong spot for a big hit but love to see that he has the appetite for it.
3. Josh Anderson. Poised and skilled. Hopefully over the next month or so I can see more of his games.
4. Rizzolo, OHA. This was a big pick-up for Dixon Ward’s Academy. Solid, reliable D-man.
5. Stevenson, Hollyburn. There’s no denying the fundamentals are solidly in place. Just wish I could see him against Flight 1 or even Flight 2 teams. Maybe they’ll move up after the first half.
6. Cholowski, Langley. Starting to have some reservations about this player being in the elite category moving into Major Midget and Junior. Lack of size/strength seems to be the issue.
7. Ginetti. BWC … adequate skating but seems to panic under pressure of aggressive forecheck. Slow to move the puck.
8. Purhar, yet another from BWC … has an unusual “look” on the ice, often appears disinterested. Good speed though, but needs to add strength.
9. Georgopolous, Vcr Thunderbirds. The biggest move up on my D-chart. Has looked much better than what I saw in Spring hockey. Skating has improved and plays with a physical edge. Needs to improve puck-movement and discipline.
10. Turanski, good size and mobility … has more upside, I think, than he’s showing right now.

GOALIES
1. Brody Wilms, OHA. Has impressed me since the Super Series. Creates great width of coverage in his butterfly and is very strong on breakaways.
2. Nic Tallarico, Surrey. The most technically proficient goalie in the ’98 crop. Has quickness too, but lacks size and I’ve seen it hurt him especially in the tight scrum scenarios.
3. Josh Barrett, BWC A2. Yes A2. Some say it’s due to paperwork problems, others say Winter Club politics. Whatever the explanation, it is my opinion that BWC’s best goalie is on their A2 team. Good size and crease-speed, solid fundamentals. Needs to play the puck more.
4. Tyler Shugrue, BWC. Good size but plays from an extremely wide stance that opens the top of the net, and it also limits his lateral movement.
5. Jeremy Kelleway, Semi. Can run hot and cold – as he did in the Hat – and lacks size, but has natural athleticism and a great glove.

Now ... let the second-guessing begin!

ScoutingBC is offline   Reply With Quote