View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 10:53 PM
CoasttoCoast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
Minor Midget is your most expensive year in AAA...but still not $10K...maybe $6. Major midget was cheaper. Less fees, less tourneys, less travel (less ice).

I don't expect owners to lose money, I know one and I know what they are in for. Its not easy financially and I respect they do it for the kids. But some owners don't seem to respect the kids, and to be fair they are only kids, at best some are young men.
2009-2010, My son played Major Midget AAA, I decided to keep a journal of all costs directly related to his Hockey. Sept. 1st- until April 1st. 7 months (they went to provincials). It was almost, $7,000.00 Exactly, $1,000.oo per month. This included try-outs, 3rd jersey(don,t ask), track suit, team fees, league fees, sticks, some equipment, tape, sharpenings, gas, hotels some expensive meals etc.
Remember Minor midget is a little more expensive and I,m not a big spender.
I spent at least $1500.00 in the five months of off season on summer hockey, conditioning camp a stick, etc. So if you use a 12 month period, $8,500.00 is average or low end for Minor Midget, 2 years ago.
Just the facts Jack.
I understand the rural teams are a little cheaper, but I imagine they spend more on gas.