Thread: Proposal: Montreal - Winnipeg
View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 10:10 PM
sharks9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I am guilty of not watching DD allot to be honest, how is his two way play?

There is some debate about where to slot Little in amoungst Jets fans. He is a top 6 forward but some feel he would be better suited to right wing than centre. I like Bryan's two way game and he does have good chemistry with Wheeler and Ladd. Our challenge last season was that we really had 4 legit top 6 forwards and we forced 3rd line players into top 6 rolls. That led to us having a garbage third line and or forcing our 4th line to play too much and often in third line situations. Aquiring Ponikarvovsky for our third line to play with Burmistrov and Antropov is a big signing for us. Then getting Jokinen (all be it for a steep price tag) really helps fill a huge hole at centre in our top 6. Both guys are big bodied veterans who help us short term with our biggest "short term" needs.
It's average, he's not a defensive liability but he wouldn't be your first choice on the PK. I don't know who your best PK centre is but for us Plekanec is easily better than him defensively.

Some people also think DD should be switched to wing on MTL because of Galchenyuk coming up soon, but we'll see what happens. Another season like the one he just had or an improvement on it would make it possible that he stays at center and either Plekanec or Eller gets traded.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote