View Single Post
Old
11-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I think you're both onto something. I mean, remember that first Ottawa-Buffalo game, where Ottawa outshot them 41-15 but lost 2-1 because of Hasek? Then, in the very next game, Ottawa goes to Rhodes instead of Tugnutt (and gets a good performance out of him), but Hasek stops 45 of 47 enroute to a 3-2 double overtime win to make the series 2-0. A demoralized Ottawa team goes to Buffalo looking to at least make a series of it, and Hasek posts a 31 save shutout to make it a 3-0 series... And seriously, it still took a 40 save effort from Hasek to close out the sweep with a 1 goal game 4 win. Perimeter shots or not, worse teams have turned similar chances into more goals in my viewing experience, so it's hard for me to claim that either of you is necessarily off base.
You beat me to it, the 1st thing I thought it that the 2 comments weren't mutually exclusive and indeed both could be true at the same time.

I think what TDMM eludes to however is at the crux of those that don't think that Alfie is a HHOF.

There is a really strong perception of him being good to really good but not ever great. Greatness is often measured about being able to score or dominate when the going gets tough.

I think this notion is overused and a bit cliche at times but it might also be in the minds of some of the HHOF voters.

My guess is that he gets in though as always the current 4 player per year rule and backlog, not to mention the inevitable induction of Angela Ruggiero doesn't help either.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote